Alders Syndicate -- Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A very pretty carp Syndicate with an excellent head of carp to 37lb. We have a large number of mid to high twenties as well as catfish to 39 08lb. 2 lakes both Tree lined with many islands and only sensible rules, all set within a tranquil location

Syndicate changes

Syndicate changes Empty Re: Syndicate changes

Post by Guest Mon May 10, 2010 2:00 pm

fo on the manor will be given when we show people around.it is easier to do it that way we will tell you what we know is in there and also what we think is in there it is a unknown quantity to us as well.possably a few surprises i do not know.if you think whittles is strict on rules the m
    nor will be just as strict if not more so because we deap in a farmers field so we have to have total respect.

Syndicate changes Empty manor

Post by Guest Mon May 10, 2010 12:24 pm

Has anyone got any helpful info on the manor.... Question Wink i.e depths, stock, swims, features! just genral carpy info?? Very Happy Itchin to get down this weekend!!! bounce hope it is'nt goin to be as cold thow Crying or Very sad

Syndicate changes Empty syndicate changes

Post by Guest Sun May 09, 2010 11:26 am

yeah banksticks, i had the notes in me sky, but andrew said see ian, seems that if not enuff people take it up it aint gonna happen m8.be a damn shame if it dont. be great to have the choice every time you go,rain or shine bounce

Post by Guest Sun May 09, 2010 10:02 am

Ian,

il give you a buzz in the week and sort out a veiwing on friday, i got the day off so anytime after say 12 ish as i pick the babe up from nursery will be ok for me.

Post by Guest Sun May 09, 2010 9:07 am

hi donk already got my wallet out, phoned Ian told him I'll be down to have a look around but I've already made mind up. your right, don't think there be to much of a problem but we will see. :)Doing another couple days next week, Rain or Shine. cause I'm one of the old gits don't mind fishing all weathers!! Mad Mad

Post by Guest Sun May 09, 2010 8:10 am

well, my mate malc and me will be pleased to pay the 50 quid extra for manor. had a chat with andrew earlier and seems to me he's put a lot of thought into this decision and is definately not out to rip anyone off. the extra 10 anglers over the two lakes wont be a problem as far as i can see. seems that 8 or so of the current manor members only fish a few times a year, some of the whittles members are only old fellas and fish sunny day sesh's and some of the others do 2 days every 3 or 4 weeks. when the sun shines it may bring out the fair weather men but i'd say pretty much all the time no one will be making the journey and then going home coz its rammed. it equates to about 40 members over the two lakes,30% of whom probably wont be doing much time coz the wife and kids wont let em,or they cant be arsed coz its forcast to rain !! then theres the fellas who are blankin and tail off coz they cheesed off. i'd say get down for a look, manor is a nice water and holds some nice fish, it certainly does away with the moving fish syndrome if you can fish em both...i've changed my thoughts after talking to andrew at lenght about what he's trying to do with the syndicate and i think the outlook is very good, he wants nice lakes with nice fish in em and happy anglers fishing for em. thats what i want too, for 50 quid extra i am defo having some of that... and brad, i sure you're right mate, i've seen a big common in whittles and it is up there around the 40 mark somewhere, 39-40, who cares,its a big un. but bring on them scaley mirrors and them leathers in manor, i'll have some of them ta !! get you're wallets out and get on the fish lads, you got to next year anyway, so y not now.. bounce

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2010 4:24 am

This will start from next weekend, i am available all day next friday to show people round The Manor. The money will need to be paid before you can fish the manor but if you are about next friday and want to look give me a ring, i will try to arrange for one of us to show you around at a time to suit you if next friday is not good for you.
    As markh has said, we will not stand by and let this turn into a problem for anybody. This venture will prove to be good for us and our members.

Post by Guest Fri May 07, 2010 2:28 am

i reckon that there is a good chance that the lake record on the whittles could well be 40lb now, seeing as it has'nt been out in about 18 months. i saw a mirror with a bottom fin missing that come out the weekend at 24lb and in 2008 it was weighed at 21lb. This shows good growth in the lake, so i think there is a couple of hidden gems still to be caught. Also with two lakes to fish i dont think u'l ever really have to go home because the lakes are too busy but understand most may want to fish whittles, iv been on the lake most weekends from the start of the season and its normally just friday nights that are busy then by sat some leave in the afternoon anyway so dont think it will be too bad. Im looking foward to spreading my time between both waters as the manor seems to be a bit of a mystery to what is actually in there!! Suspect Very Happy

Post by Guest Fri May 07, 2010 1:44 am

And I don't think there will be problems.......it might take a couple of months to settle down but at the moment it is still early season.....

All newbies are putting in as much time as poss....this will slow down for most and I am sure that a few members will be more than happy to spend some time on Manor.....it will balance itself out....if it doesn't I am sure the Bosses will revise what is happening......

At the moment I am usually getting the swims I want, on my last water I was usually just dropping into any spare swim.....

Definatley taking the the Manor ticket, will give you a bell in a couple of days Ian and arrange to pop over and pay the cash....

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 5:37 pm

guys, the ratio for anglers to swims when designing a lake is 3 to each swim, this is from the ea who advise on all aspects of lake management. All we are doing is taking on another 10 people and opening up both waters for all. Remember, we have 10 on the Manor already and half of them hardly fish.
    The price is dirt cheap, look around, how many lakes that are as stunning looking and have as many 20lb plus fish in do you know of around the country, you know have the chance to fish 2 lakes both with a large head of 20 plus fish and both equally as stunning for 12 months 3 rods, no work parties and no silly bloody rules.
    If you still think that this is not good value then dont pay the extra to have 2 lakes.
    We have 30 members on the whittles with 9 swims, you do the maths, we havent had too many problems in the 2 years we have had members.

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 1:27 pm

i am a bit concerned about the swims to anglers ratio, it would be over 3 to 1, could be we will be turning up and going home again, alot.. not good. in my opinion, for what its worth, you'll still struggle to fill the places untill you can say the fish run to 40 plus,, the price is already in the 2 or more 40lb fish bracket, but was worth it coz its not always rammed.lets hope it stays that way,. bounce

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 6:32 am

I would say Whittles is a bit busier than that this year......although it definately isn't packed.

Mainly fishing week nights at the mo and most evenings there has been around 3-4 people angling so technically nearly 50% of swims taken.....

But that isn't complaining.....will take on the Manor ticket myself but will stick to fishing Whittles this year....

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 6:22 am

there is some cracking fish in the manor trust i have seen them, had 95lb in just 24 hours.. what a great lake, as for the wittles plenty of space during the week, i often had the lake to myself

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 5:54 pm

Across the 2 lakes there are 15 swims so we have no problem with taking 50 members on starting this year. There are 30 on the whittles at the moment and 10 on the Manor so we will look for 10 new members. A couple of you have people who are interested, friends of members will be given first option, let me know if you have anybody suitable that would be interested in a ticket.

Syndicate changes Empty NUmber of Swims

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 2:37 pm

Hi Bluearmy

How many swims does the manor have just wondered what the ratio would be for members to swims across both lakes, also how many members are there currently is it 30 and would it stay at 30 this year or be opened out to 50?

CarpyJim Laughing

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 11:31 am

wrongun we dont invisage any issues, trust me we will keep on top of it, if its not working we will not take as many on. As for people wanting to fish the whittles, you would be surprised at the number of people i show round that want to loook, or put there name down for the manor.
    Fish wise there is not a lot in it, the Manor has a large head of 20,s,with RUMOURS of a couple of 30,s. It is a very pretty lake in a lovely setting, i would urge peole to look around before saying no, we honestly think that going forward the Manor will throw up the better fish.

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 1:11 am

mark it still will be 400lb mate.didnt really get time to talk to you ian as you was in a rush. as her indoors was calling lol.malc and me chatted about the new joint venture.he's up for the extra 50.but you already know what ive decibed.but what we are both bothered about is the extra 10 members fella.are opinion is.once word gets out all the better fish, in are opinion are in whittles there will be at least 50 members all trying to fish the same water.thats are only moan. We joined this syndicate. Just to fish for the commons in whittles.and the fact that it had little amount of members on the lake.i think the thought of joining both lakes is a good idear and have always said the manor should be an over spill lake for whittles and if there is no room on whittles there be room over there.but me i wont be fishing over there im not finished with fishing this lake yet.i know malcs up for fishing it but he will be doing it without me lol.so i cant see him fishing it as i wont. As you know we are joint at the hip lol.anyway we hope everything dont gets as bad as we think with all the extra members. And will be room on whittles when we or i come to fish.fingers crossed lol.only time will tell fella.and hopefully are thoughts and opinions wont get us into trouble lol

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 12:52 am

the price wont be affected, the number of members may go up, we need to see how much we spend on the third lake and how much is spent on fish ect, we will see how it goes as far as members this season. We will have 3 stunning ponds all with some cracking fish, it will be a fantastic syndicate to belong to

Post by Guest Sat May 01, 2010 11:58 am

Reckon I could be up for that....give me a week or two....lol

How will this work for next season with the other water i.e the one currently being worked on.....

Technically it will be a 3 water Syndicate next year....with Manor, Whittles and the new lake....will that put the ticket price up even more or will it be more members added to the syndicate.....

Syndicate changes Empty Syndicate changes

Post by Guest Sat May 01, 2010 10:05 am

We have taken the decision to open up the Manor lake for our members. Members will need to pay another £50 for the chance to fish both lakes starting in a couple of weeks time. We will have a membership of 50 across the lakes. This will be easier for us to manage fish stocks and members and allow you to move between the ponds. For the rest of this season you can decide to stay on the Whittles, from next season there will be joint lake tickets only.
    I hope you will be as excited about this venture as we are, we are hoping to see the Manor fish put on the weight as quick as the Whittles fish do and increase our already large head of 20 plus fish as well as the number of 30,s.
    This also means that we have some more places left on the syndicate so if you have anyone who is looking for a place let me know

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:27 am