Alders Syndicate -- Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A very pretty carp Syndicate with an excellent head of carp to 37lb. We have a large number of mid to high twenties as well as catfish to 39 08lb. 2 lakes both Tree lined with many islands and only sensible rules, all set within a tranquil location

Bait

Bait Empty Re: Bait

Post by Guest Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:00 am

Hi Rick

then you are proberly doing the same as most try something different from the norm might just change your luck.

They will come buddy and proberly all at once.

CarpyJim

Post by Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Rick ive PM you fella...

Post by Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:08 pm

carpyjim, im usually doin a couple of days and min 1 night mostly 2. putting the baits on silt, gravel, margins, open water, pop ups, bottoms, tried alot of bait on the spot right down to 3 or 4 on a stringer, handfulls in pva bags or boated out. my rigs are simple and have caught on them for years.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:52 am

bluearmy wrote:you lasted longer than i thought wrongun, but then you have been out of the country lol

4 weeks ive lasted..Im only gonna repeat myself in this post again..So i wont lol

Just do yourself a favour Rick when you find the spot cast to it and then leave it...
    Dont keep reeling in to change your bait(joking) Razz
    Basically sit on your hands.
    Ive kept a bait on the spot for nearly 24hour before i got a take...If not longer

Chin up fella,your time will come when you least expect it...

and hay its called fishing not called catching..

OH OH a BIG pps...
    Or sometimes it helps to pray to the Carp god himself ULAH..
    Believe me ive done it when i was going through a 6 months blanking spell lmao..Or another one is..
    pay your dues to the water you fish,my mate swears by that...

My last post till i get frustrated again...pmfpl

Post by Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:53 am

Hi Rick

Why dont you just try 3 different baits i.e a fruity one a fishy/meaty one and then a fruity/fish/meaty one they will all work keep everything simple no fancy rigs just safe simple ones plenty of bait in and it will happen.

Out of intrest what sort of seesions are you doing? days only nights only all my bites have come in the early hours 1am - 3am.

Very Happy

Post by Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:39 am

you lasted longer than i thought wrongun, but then you have been out of the country lol

Post by Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:01 am

theres all sorts going in the whittles and i agree with the chaps below.... if the fish are there, its half decent and they are eating they will have it. cheers

Post by Guest Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:05 am

Hi rick i have caught on fishy/meaty baits on whittles,
    But all 3 on the manor. A average bait on the right spot is better than a good on the wrong spot.
    So as long as you are confident in the bait you are using and the place you put it fish will come.
    As the wrongen said you could always go over to the manor and winkle 1 out.
    Daz

Post by Guest Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:02 pm

Look Rich youve made me break my silence..lol

It aint all about bait fella..It where you put it and what type of rig your trying to trap them with...
    Try finding some spots to fishover..And not pub chucks, not saying they dont work..lol

Or Try doing what everyone else that cant buy a bite.....Go fish the manor.....................lol

And just to answer your question ive caught on all 3 flavours

Bait Empty Bait

Post by Guest Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:52 pm

Now i know Carp guys dont like talking about it, cant possibly reveal what your on as someone else might use and catch as well, god forbid they should do that eh? lol not like the extra pre baiting would help Rolling Eyes ..................... but what type of baits are being used? fruity or meaty/fishy. I hear good things about the liver based baits from tails up. I'm 7 sessions in now and only a drop back to speak of. Well unless you count the few screamers i have had from those F%^&ing ducks diving on the bait!!!! Now its a few quid this water and i dont want my time down on it ruined by poor bait choice and so far its all i can put it down to, its the longest run of blanks i have ever had by a long way and im pullin my hair out!!

so whats everyone on

meaty/fishy or fruity

hopefully next time il have one to get me started!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:20 am